Standard lead times for made to order items
- Fume Hoods = 6 Weeks*
- Tables = 6 Weeks*
- Cabinets = 8-10 Weeks*
Genie has a selection of warehoused Express Ship items that can ship in 2-3 weeks.
If you have a specific “Need-By Date” please call us. We have our own factory with flexible on demand lead times and can vary with our current production load, chances are we can meet your schedule.
*Lead Time = After receipt of deposit and Approved Drawings
- The best place to start: “What is your required internal working dimensions”
- Checkout out Fume Hood Guide
- Genie also specializes in the fabrication of custom sizes fume hoods to meet your exact needs
- Checkout our Fume Hood Selection Guide
- A standard electrical package:
- (2) 120V-20AMP Duplex Receptacles
- (1) Light Switch wire to florescent strip fixtures
- (1) Blower Switch
- (1) Analog Air Flow Monitor
- All Items factory pre-wired and tested to a junction box on top of the hood
- An easy rule of thumb = $1k per lineal foot
- A 4’ Benchtop Fume Hood Cost Around $4k without counter top, base cabinet or additional accessories, all of which add cost.
- CAL OSHA requires an average face velocity of at least 100 feet per minute with a minimum of 70 fpm at any point, except where more stringent special requirements are prescribed in other sections of the General Industry Safety Orders, such as Section 5209. The minimum velocity requirement excludes those measurements made within 1 inch of the perimeter of the work opening.
- Yes, the majority of our models are Listed under the UL 1805 Standard
- Genie fume hoods are tested to the ASHRAE 110 Standard per CAL OSHA guidelines
- As a general rule, No. It is difficult to vent a cabinet without compromising its fire protection.
- No, according to NFPA 45 Fire Protection for Laboratories Using Chemicals, laboratories and hoods are unclassified electrically with respect to Article 500 of the National Electrical Code. Where there is an extraordinary hazard, the user may wish to use explosion-proof electrical fixtures for added safety.
- All factory wired components are run to a junction box on top of the fume hood for your electrical to make final connections to the building power
- Generally, a single 120v-20AMP dedicated circuit will suffice fume hood with standard electrical package (excluding exhaust fan)
- Genie has a selection of standard stock colors available upon request
- Yes custom powder coat finished are available, additional cost and lead time my apply
- Standard cabinets come with 100lb capacity full extension drawer slides
- Genie steel cabinets are tested to SEFA 8 standards
- Yes Genie can fabricate custom sized cabinets